The church dedicated to Saints Philip Neri and Francis of Paola is of great interest. Built in the XVIII century, this church has facing baroque balustrades of reflecting black and red marble. Inside the church is the altarpiece depicting the “Madonna” by Caravaggio.
The XIII century church is dedicated to Saint Andrew. On the inside we find a life-size crucifix in wood of carved walnut dating to the early 1200s which has recently been restored and placed on public display. Highly suggestive are the Cappelle della Via Crucis (Chapels of the Way of the Cross) along the path leading to the temple.
This town is located above the road leading to Oro and below the Sanctuary of Lezzeno.
Starting from the provincial road for Dervio, just before the tunnel, a stairway leads up to this town just above the lake.
Sanctuary of Lezzeno: On the 6th of August 1688, a plaster relief of the “Madonna Addolorata” – Lady of Sorrows – kept in the small chapel of Lezzeno is said to have cried.
And thus, with the approval of the Bishop of Milan and Como and the involvement of Paolo Antonio Rubini, parish priest of Bellano, in 1690 a Sanctuary was built in her honour. The work designed by Giovanni Battista Quadrio, was completed in 1704. Today we can still see the elegant structure with its mixtilinear facade, small bell tower and sturdy, elegant classicist interior.
Much remains of the XVII-XVIII century church: the main altar (1746); the altar of St. Joseph to the left with the altarpiece from the same period; the altar of Saints Ann and Joachim on the right with a copy of the painting by Francesco Albani; the walnut confessional booths; the numerous votive offerings; the older objects from the treasury.
In 1896 the church was promoted to an Archbishop’s Sanctuary and, at that time, Luigi Morgari and his colleagues built a complex frescoed decoration for the building, comparable to the one at the Sanctuary of Rho. The Church of St. Joseph, founded in 1676, has since disappeared.
Characteristic town of ancient origins, the largest of Bellano’s hamlets. Worthy of note is the church dedicated to Saints Bernardino and Sebastian dating to the XV century.
Below the scenic road is the XVI century Church of Saint Gotthard, famous for the ancient missal that was brought to light there bearing notation of the 1341 destruction of the Church of Saints Nazarius and Celsus by the flooding of the River Pioverna.
This town is located along the road that was crossed by the Lansquenet foot soldiers in 1629. The Church of Saint Domenic was built in 1680 with the offerings from the inhabitants.
Located along the road running to Valsassina, this town is known for its gate from which the Bellanese, with the aid of neighboring communities, fended off the soldiers from the Republic of San Marco.
In addition to the lovely view, you can also find a church dedicated to St. Charles Borromeo, built between the XVI and XVII centuries.
In ancient times this site held sulphur springs, named “Tartavallino”, but no trace of this remains today; the site, totally immersed in greenery, is truly magnificent.
Already cited in the ancient documents as a hamlet of Bellano, today this area is an urban concentration of a small number of homes, yet the landscape embraces the upper branch of Lake Como, giving it a wealth of romantic charm.
Questo sito utilizza i cookie per fornire la migliore esperienza di navigazione possibile. Continuando a utilizzare questo sito senza modificare le impostazioni dei cookie o cliccando su "Accetta" permetti il loro utilizzo.